Thursday, February 01, 2007

I'm strange

Or rather, I have a strange process when it comes to decision making. When it's something seemingly minor, it can take me like, ten years. But for big, almost life-altering decisions, I can make them just like that. Like when I decided to go to Guatemala for 4 months, I think it took me less than a day to decide. It had been in the back of my mind for a couple of months, then finally one day I just decided to go. But the other day when I was at the shoe store, it seriously took me forever to decide between the brown and tan boots that were on clearance.
It was the same for graduate school-it took me all of 2 seconds (ok maybe a little longer) to decide that I was going to Maryland.
Anyway, I was thinking about that the other day when I finally decided to go to this conference being held in DC in March. I think it took me about a month to decide. Well, I guess it helped that I got a partial scholarship.
So, yeah, I'm going to Ecumenical Advocacy Days in DC.
I'm looking forward to networking. You'd think I would be sick of conferences by now, considering I went to about a thousand of them last year. It'll be nice to be at one without worrying about setting up a display table for a change. Check out the website.
That's all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura-that conference looks great! That's awesome that you get to go!

Kari